Friday 28 February 2014

Makeup

What I've noticed these days, is a lot of makeup. Ads, commercials and shops claiming that their products will make you look the best. 

"All you need is a wand of mascara and a sprinkle of blush to make you look perfect"

As if. They make it sound like a fairytale. I'm not against makeup, but I'm trying to say that everything needs to be done in limit. I have a friend (http://trishofish.blogspot.sg/) who is really good with skincare. She recommends me and my other friend (sugarcoateddaydreams.blogspot.sg) about what we should and shouldn't use on our skin. Even though this might be girly and silly (which is fine by me), I have realised how these tips and products can't work with the amount of makeup the world is using. 

I have had a few experiences with makeup and thy were okay. Mascara and eyeliner make my eyes look bigger and bolder. Lip gloss makes everything more pretty. But the thing I realised was, the more I wore these products, the more acne and bad skin I got. I have sensitive skin and makeup isn't really helping. I stopped makeup for about a month and there was a dramatic change in my skin. I didn't have that much acne anymore. Some people, naturally have acne and I'm one of those people. It's normal at this age, but what I'm trying to say is not to make it worse by putting more and more product on it. 

This goes out just to girls, because there was a lot of controversy about this. It's your choice if you want to put makeup on or not and I'm not forcing you to stop if you do. What I'm trying to say is that no one is perfect but everyone is beautiful with or without makeup on. 

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! Make-up is nice, fun, makes you so called look "pretty" but there are things deeper than looks. I've seen this quote: "Looks don't matter, look deeper." Yes, make-up makes you look nice and if it brings your inside self out, go ahead! Use it! If it's covering up for what you really are inside..eh..bad..My real message is that make-up shouldn't cover up what you really are. It should bring you out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I really think that people should respect themselves and how they look instead of comparing themselves to airbrushed versions of models on posters.

      Delete
    2. Exactly. I can still remember Danni Miller and how she showed us how much pictures are changed. It was surprising.

      Delete
    3. It's not only makeup, but it's a lot of influence on the younger girls in our generation because of dolls, logos and commercials. The bratz logo is, 'It's not winning or losing, but it's about how good you look while playing the game'. I mean seriously? I was a bit shocked because I never thought that there could be so much indirect impact for the future.

      Delete
    4. Wow. It's shocking how much dolls give us pleasure but bad messages too. Like you said, Bratz. Kids always look up to the perfect commercials never thinking about what's more than looking nice. They never think about their future, their jobs, their passion. Just looking nice. Yes it's important but reach outside the box and face reality. Right?

      Delete
    5. Exactly. Dolls are just entertainment but the statements they are trying to say are a bit of a bad influence. Some dolls are okay though, but some just go out of their way to form a stereotypical, and in children's eyes a "perfect" doll to be like.

      Delete
    6. Yes I agree. It's all about finding that balance :)

      Delete
  3. Warms my heart that you are choosing such important and personal topics to write about. This is what blogging is about. Articulating and sharing your ideas to start a conversation. Also love that there were 8 comments here, before I got here. Thanks for the time and energy you are putting into blogging. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Labels